Re: MARCH PDP-11 exhibit, project update

  • Herb Johnson
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 1, 2007
      On Sunday, Sept 30th, I visited InfoAge to take more photos and to
      examine the PDP 11/20 system. I'll have an account of the boards in
      the "box" later on my Web page. It appears to have the CPU cards and
      some memory and serial port. I may have been the first inside the box
      in 30 years! The cards were not disturbed otherwise.

      I also looked at the two PDP-11's which are in very small cabinets.
      They are 11/05's, not 11/10's as I previously suggested. I have photos
      of those.

      I'll announce when the PDP Web page is updated.

      Herb Johnson

      Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 1, 2007
        We also have an 11/40.
      • Herb Johnson
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 2, 2007
          "Herb Johnson" <herbjohnson@...> wrote:

          > On Sunday, Sept 30th, I visited InfoAge to take more photos and to
          > examine the PDP 11/20 system.

          I've added the photos to the Web page at

          http://www.retrotechnology.com/pdp11/

          ..as "interior photos".

          If someone would care to identify the cards in the 11/20, I've listed
          all the modules and keyed that list to the photo of the cards. Let me
          know if you are going to do this. You can simply send a list of
          modules and description, and I'll add it to the page with your name!

          Also there are photos of two 11/05's at our facilities.

          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 2, 2007
            At 11:00 PM 10/2/2007 +0000, you wrote:
            > "Herb Johnson" <herbjohnson@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > On Sunday, Sept 30th, I visited InfoAge to take more photos and to
            > > examine the PDP 11/20 system.
            >
            >I've added the photos to the Web page at
            >
            >http://www.retrotechnology.com/pdp11/
            >
            >..as "interior photos".
            >
            >If someone would care to identify the cards in the 11/20, I've listed
            >all the modules and keyed that list to the photo of the cards. Let me
            >know if you are going to do this. You can simply send a list of
            >modules and description, and I'll add it to the page with your name!
            >
            >Also there are photos of two 11/05's at our facilities.
            >
            >Herb Johnson

            Herb,
            That's a wonderful web page, thanks for the details. I learn a lot from
            your web site.
            Bill
          • Herb Johnson
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 16, 2007
              I have word today from the person who provided the PDP 11/20. He will
              gather and send me additional documents and photos. He says "it will
              take some time". That's all I know, he simply acknowledged my request
              as I asked.

              Herb Johnson
              retrotechnology.com