Re: [midatlanticretro] Wow! Interesting museum visitor

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 30, 2007
      >> It's as if you, as a journalist, ran into Edward R. Murrow or Harrison Salisbury or someone. Wouldn't it be possible you'd be even slightly starstruck?

      Maybe ... so by that metaphor, are you telling us you're a Bollywood actor? :)
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 30, 2007
        Hmmm ... good point. Luckily I can go into our Yahoo group archive and alter history!
      • evan947
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 30, 2007
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan@...> wrote:

          > Hmmm ... good point. Luckily I can go into our Yahoo group archive
          and alter history!

          The deed is done.

          Sorry for my stupid message in the first place ... I am loathe to use
          the "go back in time and undo things as Big Brother" feature ... but
          as Tim pointed out, it was sorta-kinda necessary.
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 30, 2007
            Hi -
            I have updated my web site with some new information and pictures

            http://www.vintagecomputer.net

            The Community Memory Project
            The People's Computer Company
            Original Parody Cartoon: Fortran Man (with Billy BASIC)
            Core Memory for S-100? INFOREX Core Memory Controller with DATARAM installed
            Assembling IMSAI 8080 and Wonderbus Thinker Toys repair project (capacitor
            blow-outs)
            IMSAI 8080 and Solos / Cutter youtube.com VIDEO (more progress on the
            system Bill S worked with me to restore)
            Original Macintosh restoration project

            Bill
          • Timothy J Fagan
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 30, 2007
              LOL...

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 30, 2007
                Shoulda gotten Holm to sign a vintage computer, bet that'd go for a lot :D
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 1 12:27 PM
                  >>> According to the Wikipedia article on Celeste, it says that her son
                  Ted Nelson and Holm are "estranged".. Hopefully that won't make it
                  any more difficult to contact Ted. Also the husband is half her age
                  and is an opera singer.

                  Oh. Well, even if it's true, she and the husband obviously realized that
                  I did NOT know ... plus they're the ones who brought up Nelson. So it's
                  no big deal. They even gave me a couple of pointers about how to reach
                  him.
                • Sridhar Ayengar
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 2 7:00 AM
                    Evan wrote:
                    >>> It's as if you, as a journalist, ran into Edward R. Murrow or Harrison Salisbury or someone. Wouldn't it be possible you'd be even slightly starstruck?
                    >
                    > Maybe ... so by that metaphor, are you telling us you're a Bollywood actor? :)

                    I haven't done it in quite a while, but I was a professional opera
                    singer for quite some time. And yes, I've also done film work.

                    Peace... Sridhar