Re: [midatlanticretro] Vintage Usenet group proposed

  • madodel
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 28, 2007
      Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > I like those features, I just hate the implementation. But it's moot
      > because of alt.folklore.computers ... maybe somewhat mis-named but it
      > sounds like whoever proposed the "new" group didn't bother to search
      > first.

      That's fine, but any alt group is not an official Usenet Big8 group. So
      that is only partly relevant in regard to proposing a Big8 official group.
      Some alt groups become official groups. On the converse some alt groups
      spring up when people want a more specific focus then that provided by a
      Big8 group.

      Mark

      --

      From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

      http://www.warpstock.eu

      http://www.os2voice.org

      Investigation, 1938
    • John Allain
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 28, 2007
        Doesn't sound like it's a threat to mailto:classiccmp, as per Evan.
        I'm for it. I visit alt.sys.pdp11,comp.os.vms, vmsnet.pdp11 with
        some regularity. Reading news is no problem. Posting is a headache
        given the need to use a spamproof address.

        John A.
      • Hex Star
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 30, 2007
          So what ever happened to this?