Re: [midatlanticretro] Vintage Usenet group proposed

  • Payton Byrd
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 28, 2007
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 7:09 PM
      Subject: RE: [midatlanticretro] Vintage Usenet group proposed

      I like those features, I just hate the implementation. But it's moot
      because of alt.folklore. computers ... maybe somewhat mis-named but it
      sounds like whoever proposed the "new" group didn't bother to search
      first.

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 28, 2007
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > I like those features, I just hate the implementation. But it's moot
        > because of alt.folklore.computers ... maybe somewhat mis-named but it
        > sounds like whoever proposed the "new" group didn't bother to search
        > first.

        That's fine, but any alt group is not an official Usenet Big8 group. So
        that is only partly relevant in regard to proposing a Big8 official group.
        Some alt groups become official groups. On the converse some alt groups
        spring up when people want a more specific focus then that provided by a
        Big8 group.

        Mark

        --

        From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

        http://www.warpstock.eu

        http://www.os2voice.org

        Investigation, 1938
      • John Allain
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 28, 2007
          Doesn't sound like it's a threat to mailto:classiccmp, as per Evan.
          I'm for it. I visit alt.sys.pdp11,comp.os.vms, vmsnet.pdp11 with
          some regularity. Reading news is no problem. Posting is a headache
          given the need to use a spamproof address.

          John A.
        • Hex Star
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 30, 2007
            So what ever happened to this?