RE: [midatlanticretro] Vintage Usenet group proposed

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 28, 2007
      I like those features, I just hate the implementation. But it's moot
      because of alt.folklore.computers ... maybe somewhat mis-named but it
      sounds like whoever proposed the "new" group didn't bother to search
      first.

        --

        From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

        Warpstock 2007 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada: http://www.warpstoc k.org
        http://www.warpstoc k.eu

        http://www.os2voice .org

        democratic State itself. That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership
        of
        Investigation, 1938

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Discussion about new devices which are constantly being designed, built and sold for vintage computers is hardly what I would call folklore.  It's an opportunity for fans of vintage computers to band together and express common interests and share ideas for interoperability and such going forward.
      • madodel
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 28, 2007
          Evan Koblentz wrote:
          > I like those features, I just hate the implementation. But it's moot
          > because of alt.folklore.computers ... maybe somewhat mis-named but it
          > sounds like whoever proposed the "new" group didn't bother to search
          > first.

          That's fine, but any alt group is not an official Usenet Big8 group. So
          that is only partly relevant in regard to proposing a Big8 official group.
          Some alt groups become official groups. On the converse some alt groups
          spring up when people want a more specific focus then that provided by a
          Big8 group.

          Mark

          --

          From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

          http://www.warpstock.eu

          http://www.os2voice.org

          Investigation, 1938
        • John Allain
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 28, 2007
            Doesn't sound like it's a threat to mailto:classiccmp, as per Evan.
            I'm for it. I visit alt.sys.pdp11,comp.os.vms, vmsnet.pdp11 with
            some regularity. Reading news is no problem. Posting is a headache
            given the need to use a spamproof address.

            John A.
          • Hex Star
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 30, 2007
              So what ever happened to this?