It's alive!!!

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2007
      *Finally* :D

      For the last quite a while, I have been working on creating a TV game
      from scratch.. Tonight I was *finally* able to get an initial part of
      it working, that is something on the screen! :)

      If you go to Photos --> Pre TV Game you will see a few pictures of the
      breadboarded bits and the resulting rectangles on the screen.
      Everything on the screen is generated by 74LS logic chips!

      After much debugging (with my handy dandy logic probe) I fixed a bunch
      of bugs plus even found a few mistakes in the book! Unfortunately the
      screen is flickering like the vertical hold is not syncing, but I am
      just happy to have some sort of display. In case anyone is wondering,
      the book I am using is "How to Design & Build Your Own Custom TV Games"
      by David L. Heiserman.

      Next steps will be to figure out the vertical sync, then start to play
      with making more complex figures..

      Cheers,

      Bryan
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 26, 2007
        At 11:07 PM 9/26/2007 -0400, you wrote:
        >*Finally* :D
        >
        >For the last quite a while, I have been working on creating a TV game
        >from scratch.. Tonight I was *finally* able to get an initial part of
        >it working, that is something on the screen! :)
        >
        >If you go to Photos --> Pre TV Game you will see a few pictures of the
        >breadboarded bits and the resulting rectangles on the screen.
        >Everything on the screen is generated by 74LS logic chips!
        >
        >After much debugging (with my handy dandy logic probe) I fixed a bunch
        >of bugs plus even found a few mistakes in the book! Unfortunately the
        >screen is flickering like the vertical hold is not syncing, but I am
        >just happy to have some sort of display. In case anyone is wondering,
        >the book I am using is "How to Design & Build Your Own Custom TV Games"
        >by David L. Heiserman.
        >
        >Next steps will be to figure out the vertical sync, then start to play
        >with making more complex figures..
        >
        >Cheers,
        >
        >Bryan

        awsome!
      • Bryan Pope
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 27, 2007
          Bryan Pope wrote:

          > Next steps will be to figure out the vertical sync, then start to play
          > with making more complex figures..

          The vertical sync is now rock steady.. :) One of the two vertical sync
          timing gates was connected to nothing..

          Cheers,

          Bryan

          P.S. There are a couple of new pics in the Pre TV Game album...