Re: [midatlanticretro] possibly interesting DECtape

  • David Gesswein
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 19, 2005
      > > I have been able to get an error free dump of about 80-90% of the tapes
      > > I have tried.
      >
      > What (or where) do you dump to?

      I use the same web interface people use to run the machine over the net.
      It stores it on my webserver in SIMH format. The webserver is also retro,
      it is a 486/66 I upgraded to 133 with 64MB ram 40GB disk.

      The PDP-8/E is interfaced to the parallel port of the PC using a custom card
      I made that allows remote control of front panel functions and databreak
      access to memory. I will need to get a laptop setup to control it.

      David Gesswein
      http://www.pdp8.net/ -- Run an old computer with blinkenlights
      Have any PDP-8 stuff you're willing to part with?