RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: Club updates, events, and stuff...

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1 9:02 AM
      Great idea, but next week is too soon.  We should begin our show planning * after * we make more progress with the InfoAge people and the museum concept.  No point in decorating before we build our house.

      I definitely support merging VCF East 3.0 with the grand opening of the MARCH museum.  LOL, I'm not clear if you were suggesting that exactly, but I support it anyway.   :)

      Sellam does have a VCF event checklist.  I saw it once before.  Will ask him to send me an updated version.

      >>> I think we should do a practice mini festival of just MARCH people this Fall

      In many ways, our Trenton experience did just that.  But there's no reason to wait until autumn to begin documenting (and adding to!) the existing InfoAge (a.k.a., "Grabbe") collection.  As I said, still waiting to hear the status of InfoAge actually moving Mr. Grabbe's collection to its facility, and still waiting for you MARCH'rs to collectively tell me "Yes! We want to help run the museum!" before I tell InfoAge the same thing.  (LOL, at least so I don't get stuck doing all the work.)

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1 12:06 PM
        Evan,
        What is their timeline? It would not hurt to present them with a proposed
        agenda, I still think picking a date for a kickoff chat cannot hurt...how about
        the week of the 13th?
        Bill

        In a message dated 6/1/2005 12:02:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        evan947@... writes:

        > Great idea, but next week is too soon. We should begin our show planning *
        > after * we make more progress with the InfoAge people and the museum
        > concept. No point in decorating before we build our house.
        >
        > I definitely support merging VCF East 3.0 with the grand opening of the
        > MARCH museum. LOL, I'm not clear if you were suggesting that exactly, but
        > support it anyway. :)
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1 12:47 PM
          InfoAge didn't give us a timeline.  Their top goal is the radio museum stuff.  Everything else that will be located at the facility is secondary -- that includes us, various science organization offices, possibly a diving or transportation museum, etc.

          I don't mean that our part is a second-class citizen, just that the InfoAge people properly recognize that we all have jobs and other committments and stuff, so all they're asking of us is a reasonable and consistent effort.

          evan947@... writes:

          > Great idea, but next week is too
          soon.  We should begin our show planning *
          >  after * we make
          more progress with the InfoAge people and the museum
          concept.  No point in decorating before we build our house.

          >  I definitely support merging VCF East
          3.0 with the grand opening of the
          >  MARCH museum.  LOL, I'm not
          clear if you were suggesting that exactly, but
          >  support it
          anyway.   :)