Re: [midatlanticretro] Important! Amendment to museum exhibit plan

    Message 1 of 44 , Sep 22, 2007

      >We may also be able to team up veterans with newbies, for example, Bill D.
      >is probably our best exhibit designer so maybe he could mentor other
      >members who know tech but who lack exhibit-making experience.
      >
      >That being said, here is another amendment: I plan to consider the
      >exhibit(s) on computing at InfoAge / computing of the military as ONE
      >exhibit, not two or whatever I previously described. Basically we can
      >just gather all of our military-related artifacts, together with any
      >artifacts that have Camp Evans connections, and that becomes one exhibit
      >-- sort of the "why we're here" exhibit.
      >
      >Our co-first exhibit will remain the one on microcomputers because that is
      >easy and identifiable for the public. Perhaps we can include the Altair
      >in that exhibit, at least until we eventually make a seperate exhibits for
      >homebrew systems.

      I have the F-14 computer to donate for the military exhibit the next time I
      come up to the museum. EVAN: Can you please post a schedule for the
      remainder of the year so that I can make plans to come up? I just need a
      little advance notice. Alternatively a week day is possible.

      I would like to team up on an exhibit. It's hard for me to get up to
      InfoAge, but I would like to help.

      Lastly, I will be happy to host a holiday party at my office in
      Wilmington. If there is interest, let me know and we can plan the
      date. On site for entertainment I have an original Paddle Ball arcade game
      and a full-sized archade system with MAME favorites. Also I have Coleco,
      Atari, Odyssey II, etc. Maybe we could have a holiday retro computer game
      fest? Just an idea.

      Message 44 of 44 , Oct 4, 2007
        Have you ever successfully OCR'd a magazine before?