Re: [midatlanticretro] Semi-OT: AT&T Phone System

  • Hex Star
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 22, 2007
      If the macs were black and white apple would've called them the cow line :D
    • Herb Johnson
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 24, 2007

        Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...> wrote:
        > Bad Joe! Bad Joe! "B&W" has always meant (historically) "Black &
        > White" as in Black and White TV... Even the original Atari
        > 2600's had a
        > switch to select TV type - color or b&w..

        I have sold older Macs for several years, and in that community "B&W"
        G3's are blue and white colored tower Macs. Joe could have been more
        specific when posting in a non-Mac forum but he's not "bad" for using
        the reference.

        Herb Johnson

        Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
      • Bryan Pope
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 24, 2007
          Herb Johnson wrote:
          >> Joe Giliberti wrote:
          >>
          >>> I got a Tandy 1000 HX for free in the same dumpster. As for B&W, it
          >>> refers to blue and white, the case colors of the first generation
          >>> Powermac G3s
          >>>

          > Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Bad Joe! Bad Joe! "B&W" has always meant (historically) "Black &
          >> White" as in Black and White TV... Even the original Atari
          >> 2600's had a
          >> switch to select TV type - color or b&w..
          >>

          > I have sold older Macs for several years, and in that community "B&W"
          > G3's are blue and white colored tower Macs. Joe could have been more
          > specific when posting in a non-Mac forum but he's not "bad" for using
          > the reference.

          I did not mean the "bad" to be a truly bad bad, but in more of a
          humorous bad.. I should have used another smiley, especially since they
          are now 25 years old.. :)

          Cheers,

          Bryan
        • Evan