Re: [midatlanticretro] Problem loading and archiving OS/2 on floppies

  • madodel
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21, 2007
      Jim Scheef wrote:
      > Hello all,
      >
      > The other day I got some more RAM for my Toshiba T6600C "laptop" and tried to install OS/2. I have OS/2 Warp 3 on a couple dozen original IBM installation 3.5" diskettes. Someone asked some time ago for images of these diskettes so I have a number of questions.
      >
      > 1. How would I make archival images of these diskettes? I tried RawWrite which I thought was basically a Windows version of DD. RawWrite could not handle the OS/2 installation disk format (which may use long sectors and other tricks).

      Look at http://perso.orange.fr/dvalot/emtcopy.htm he has diskette imaging
      utility for OS/2, Linux and windoze. This originally use to be an IBM
      Internal Only application but he has released it for anyone to use now and
      continues to update it.

      > 2. Unable to make the copies, I went ahead and tried to run the install which failed on disk #2 or 3, I forget which. Now the floppy drive may be dirty and I have a cleaning diskette and solvent somewhere, but the floppy may in fact be bad. And if that one is bad, others may be bad as well. So, does anyone have OS/2 Warp 3 or 4 on CD (with TCP/IP networking)? If anyone has one, I'll work out a place to upload the ISO.
      >
      > Help!?

      Well there are several boxes of Warp3 at InfoAge. I think a couple are
      floppy versions. Upgrade versions are the same as full versions except for
      the license. If not all the disk images are on the CD. I need a copy
      myself to install Warp3 on a couple of Thinkpad 701c (with the butterfly
      keyboard) that I just got off of eBay. I need to find time to get over
      there to pickup a copy myself. Or I can just make the disks myself if I
      can find my Warp3 CD here.

      Mark

      --

      From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel