Semi-OT: AT&T Phone System

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 21, 2007
      Thanks to some recent dumpster diving, I recovered a Tandy 1000 SX, a B&W Powermac G3, and a bunch of old telecom equipment from AT&T. Most of it is from a product line called Partner. I have several modules for partner, partner plus, and partner II systems, along with the partner backplane boxes. First off, what kind of system is the Partner? What can be done with it, and how could I verify its functionality.

      Thanks
      Joe
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 21, 2007
        Joe,

        Well, what kind of connectors does it have and where? That might give some clues.

        Jim

        Thanks to some recent dumpster diving, I recovered a Tandy 1000 SX, a B&W Powermac G3, and a bunch of old telecom equipment from AT&T. Most of it is from a product line called Partner. I have several modules for partner, partner plus, and partner II systems, along with the partner backplane boxes. First off, what kind of system is the Partner? What can be done with it, and how could I verify its functionality.

        Thanks
        Joe

      • Bryan Pope
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 21, 2007
          Joe Giliberti wrote:
          > Thanks to some recent dumpster diving, I recovered a Tandy 1000 SX, a
          > B&W Powermac G3, and a bunch of old telecom equipment from AT&T. Most
          > of it is from a product line called Partner. I have several modules
          > for partner, partner plus, and partner II systems, along with the
          > partner backplane boxes. First off, what kind of system is the
          > Partner? What can be done with it, and how could I verify its
          > functionality.
          Joe,

          Didn't you recently just get a Tandy 1000 SX from a garage sale for
          next to nothing?! You have been getting a lot of nice vintage electronic
          stuff recently! :)

          Also, what is a "B&W Powermac G3"? Black and White Powermac?

          Cheers,

          Bryan
        • Joe Giliberti
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 21, 2007
            I got a Tandy 1000 HX for free in the same dumpster. As for B&W, it refers to blue and white, the case colors of the first generation Powermac G3s

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 21, 2007
              Joe Giliberti wrote:
              > I got a Tandy 1000 HX for free in the same dumpster. As for B&W, it
              > refers to blue and white, the case colors of the first generation
              > Powermac G3s

              Bad Joe! Bad Joe! "B&W" has always meant (historically) "Black &
              White" as in Black and White TV... Even the original Atari 2600's had a
              switch to select TV type - color or b&w..

              Cheers,

              Bryan

              P.S. Now you *must* offer penance to the vintage computer goddess for
              the heresy! ;)
            • Ray Sills
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 22, 2007
                Nope... not in Mac territory... it's Blue and White. Different rules
                apply! : )

                On Sep 21, 2007, at 11:21 PM, Bryan Pope wrote:

                > Joe Giliberti wrote:
                >> I got a Tandy 1000 HX for free in the same dumpster. As for B&W, it
                >> refers to blue and white, the case colors of the first generation
                >> Powermac G3s
                >>
                > Bad Joe! Bad Joe! "B&W" has always meant (historically) "Black &
                > White" as in Black and White TV... Even the original Atari 2600's
                > had a
                > switch to select TV type - color or b&w..
                >

                > Cheers,
                >
                > Bryan
                >
                > P.S. Now you *must* offer penance to the vintage computer goddess for
                > the heresy! ;)
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Hex Star
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 22, 2007
                  If the macs were black and white apple would've called them the cow line :D
                • Herb Johnson
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 24, 2007

                    Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...> wrote:
                    > Bad Joe! Bad Joe! "B&W" has always meant (historically) "Black &
                    > White" as in Black and White TV... Even the original Atari
                    > 2600's had a
                    > switch to select TV type - color or b&w..

                    I have sold older Macs for several years, and in that community "B&W"
                    G3's are blue and white colored tower Macs. Joe could have been more
                    specific when posting in a non-Mac forum but he's not "bad" for using
                    the reference.

                    Herb Johnson

                    Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
                  • Bryan Pope
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 24, 2007
                      Herb Johnson wrote:
                      >> Joe Giliberti wrote:
                      >>
                      >>> I got a Tandy 1000 HX for free in the same dumpster. As for B&W, it
                      >>> refers to blue and white, the case colors of the first generation
                      >>> Powermac G3s
                      >>>

                      > Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >> Bad Joe! Bad Joe! "B&W" has always meant (historically) "Black &
                      >> White" as in Black and White TV... Even the original Atari
                      >> 2600's had a
                      >> switch to select TV type - color or b&w..
                      >>

                      > I have sold older Macs for several years, and in that community "B&W"
                      > G3's are blue and white colored tower Macs. Joe could have been more
                      > specific when posting in a non-Mac forum but he's not "bad" for using
                      > the reference.

                      I did not mean the "bad" to be a truly bad bad, but in more of a
                      humorous bad.. I should have used another smiley, especially since they
                      are now 25 years old.. :)

                      Cheers,

                      Bryan
                    • Evan