Re: [midatlanticretro] PC interface for 8" floppies

    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2005
      Chris,

      All this was nearly fifteen years ago, so the details are a little fuzzy. As
      I recall, the regular floppy controller in an IBM PC could not control an 8"
      drive. I don't recall why. I wanted to be able to read the 8" floopies used
      by my Seattle Gazelle, so I bought a controller that promised to work. It
      didn't. The vendor tried to update the device driver, but it never worked.
      The Gazelle has always remained a "data island".

      Jim