Re: A interesting thought

  • Herb Johnson
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 5, 2007
      Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:

      > Evan and all,
      >
      > I have to agree that we don't need a special list for PCs. However,
      this begs the question of vintage versus collectible. I'm now looking
      for 286 and 386 laptops. Also for interesting high-end 386 machines
      like the monster ALR 386 I used in my last days at General Foods. I
      don't care if anyone thinks these are vintage, they are collectible,
      becoming rather rare, but hopefully are still cheap.

      > Jim

      Without a lot of discussion, I see some good, in supporting
      ANNOUNCMENTS OF INTEREST by members, as Jim has done. Then, anyone
      else who is interested, or who has such systems to offer, can search
      for such announcments and have PRIVATE discussions. It's a bit of
      courtesy to permit such posts, and it supports reuse of those
      not-so-old computers.

      Herb Johnson

      Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 5, 2007
        At 06:36 PM 9/5/2007 +0000, you wrote:
        > Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Evan and all,
        > >
        > > I have to agree that we don't need a special list for PCs. However,
        >this begs the question of vintage versus collectible. I'm now looking
        >for 286 and 386 laptops. Also for interesting high-end 386 machines
        >like the monster ALR 386 I used in my last days at General Foods. I
        >don't care if anyone thinks these are vintage, they are collectible,
        >becoming rather rare, but hopefully are still cheap.
        > >
        > > Jim
        > >

        >Without a lot of discussion, I see some good, in supporting
        >ANNOUNCMENTS OF INTEREST by members, as Jim has done. Then, anyone
        >else who is interested, or who has such systems to offer, can search
        >for such announcments and have PRIVATE discussions. It's a bit of
        >courtesy to permit such posts, and it supports reuse of those
        >not-so-old computers.
        >
        >Herb Johnson

        That's a very good idea.

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 9, 2007
          Sellam,
          A C64 is on it's way. The system was tested with diagnostics to verify
          operations. How many more do you need?
          Bill Degnan