RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: DEC exhibit? (was: Failed work day :( )

    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 29 3:19 PM
      Guys ... I was only kidding around ... smile it's funny. :)

      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 30 10:17 AM
        Hello all,

        From the first mention of "ownership" I took this to mean the business sense where the "owner" is the sponsor or evangelist for a particular exhibit. I really like this concept because then the "owner" could commit to be the coordinator of all work on an exhibit over time, preparing documentation, signs, work on the hardware and software, etc. Certainly there could be more than one person as owner for large and complex exhibits like this PDP, but the owner would coordinate the efforts of any and all people working on the exhibit - cleaning, documenting, restoring, whatever.

        As we talk about exhibits, we should keep in mind that no exhibit should ever be "permanent" and hopefully all will evolve over time. To my mind, popular exhibits are the ones that several MARCHins want to work on and improve over time rather than computers that just sit there and gather dust - no matter how "cool" that computer might be. When an exhibit stops evolving it's probably time to look for something to replace it on display - some new exhibit that people are working on.

        Filling the exhibit rooms is easy - they have been full for months! Making a *museum* educates and informs visitors will be much harder than we might think.

        Jim

        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 30 10:40 AM
          >>> Filling the exhibit rooms is easy - they have been full for months!

          Actually, now that we neatly rearranged everything, only two of our four rooms are full (and it's two of the small rooms!) ... But your point is very valid.