Re: Bill D Checking In / Looking for trades at show

  • thecpuwizard
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 2005
      I can bring some Commodore stuff for the Swap Meet (if it is going to
      occur...) it is part of a rescue [of DEC equipment!!!] from last
      year. Condition unknown, but the previous owner said it all works....

      Always looking for anything PDP-8......

      David

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "billdeg" <billdeg@a...>
      wrote:

      > Hi - I believe I will bring a VIC 20 and assorted gear so that
      > people can play games with it. I will also bring a VIC 20 clock.
      > If someone else had planned to bring a VIC 20 I could instead bring
      > an Atari 800XL or a TI 99/4a with Expansion Unit. ...OR?
      >
      > I would like to take advantage of this opportunity to propose a
      > little parking lot swap meet while we're there...especially heavy
      > stuff that's not worth shipping.
      >
      > I am looking for:
      > IBM monochrome monitor
      >
      > Commodore 2040, 4040, 8050 etc. IEEE diskdrives (that work or can
      be
      > fixed)
      >
      > TED (8501R1) chips for the 264 series Commodores (or working boards)
      >
      > TRS 80 Model 1 Expansion unit (working) and/or cables for same
      >
      > A red panel switch for an IMSAI 8080
      >
      > a working Ocilliscope
      >
      > a working revision 1 Apple ][ e motherboard
      > ---------------
      > In addition to those items others may want specifically for trades
      > (that do work), I plan to bring a car load of misc "parts units"
      > (most do not work or have problems). I also plan to bring misc
      > working parts stuff that I do not need. I have a lot of drives and
      > computers that need work and may be restorable but I do not have
      > time or storage space. Off the top of my head I will bring [non-
      > functioning all:] an Atari 800XL, C 1541 drives, C64, Tandy CoCo
      II,

    • billdeg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2005
        David,

        My collection is mostly micros, I don't have any PDP stuff.  I am afraid that if I got into that world I would have to start moving things out of my house, like my refridgerator, beds, etc. :-)

        My current projects are S-100 and single board related, and some commodore B series stuff.  I have pretty much covered the rest of the commodore line, I am looking to liquidate a lot of spares and parts at the show.

        I think  you should bring the commodore items if you have the room, for the same reason that I am, to find someone who will want it rather than just junk it (which is going to have to happen eventually).

        Talk to you soon.

        bil