Kim-1 info

  • Scott Austin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2005
      Hey Bill,

      The Kim-1 I have (my father purchased new way back when) is a
      pre-Commodore green MOS motherboard. It's a Rev B (!) and I believe
      the serial number is 7644 (rubber stamped just below the MOS logo and
      "KIM-1" silkscreen, right?). BTW, also silkscreened just below "KIM-1"
      is "EC-715". Any idea what that indicates?

      My father managed a group of electrical engineers back then. So he
      built a nice case for the Kim-1 with power, TTY, audio, I/O connections
      AND a memory expansion board. I'll have to figure out how much memory
      he added.

      Regarding your offer to bring your expansion card, at this point I
      don't remember enough about the KIM-1 to know how to take advantage of
      your card. I really need to hit the manuals. I believe I have the
      complete set with charts.

      I also need to decide whether I can make it to TCF!

      Another thing I'll have to do is post pictures of it (once I get my
      site up!)

      Scott Austin

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250