Re: [midatlanticretro] First exhibits - was Your weekly "today at the museum" report

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 27, 2007
      Sellam,

      If Vannevar Bush had pushed for electronic computers, I would agree completely. He certainly had his hand in many technology projects in the thirties and forties. My view of him is undoubtedly colored by the books I have read about ENIAC.

      Jim

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 27, 2007
        I asked Fred about VB and Camp Evans. Fred says that in one of the oral
        history projects, a former Camp Evans scientist claimed that VB did
        visit once, but that's it -- no elaboration and no evidence. Next time
        I see Fred, I will ask him if the scientist is still alive and
        accessible, and if so then I'll contact him to see if there is any other
        information about VB's visit (when it happened, for what reason, etc.)

        --

        Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer
        Festival
        ------
        International Man of Intrigue and Danger
        http://www.vintage.org

        [ Old computing resources for business || Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage
        Computers ]
        [ and academia at www.VintageTech.com || at
        http://marketplace.vintage.org ]

      • Bob Grieb
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 29, 2007
          A friend has asked if I can read some old files from
          zip disks that were attached to a Mac. The files are
          a combination of Quark (Express?) and pdf's. Anyone
          think they might be able to help? I'm guessing the
          files are 10-12 years old. Not sure.

          Thanks,

          Bob Grieb

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • billdeg@degnanco.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 30, 2007
            > A friend has asked if I can read some old files from
            > zip disks that were attached to a Mac. The files are
            > a combination of Quark (Express?) and pdf's. Anyone
            > think they might be able to help? I'm guessing the
            > files are 10-12 years old. Not sure.
            >
            > Thanks,

            I have a MAC/Zip set up if you have not already received an offer for
            assistance. Contact me directly if needed.
            Bill
          • Dave
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 30, 2007
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Bob Grieb <bobgrieb@...> wrote:

              > A friend has asked if I can read some old files from
              > zip disks that were attached to a Mac. The files are
              > a combination of Quark (Express?) and pdf's. Anyone
              > think they might be able to help? I'm guessing the
              > files are 10-12 years old. Not sure.
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Bob Grieb

              If you're in a bind, you can send them to me in New Haven CT, and I
              can pop the files onto a CD for you...

              Dave Woyciesjes
            • Bob Grieb
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 30, 2007
                Thanks, Bill and Dave.

                I will ask my friend to send the media, then
                will be in touch.

                Bob Grieb

                http://mail.yahoo.com