Cool

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 19, 2007

      http://shotnews.net/fiftieth/?p=115

      I got accepted to speak at this fall’s 50th annual conference of the Society for the History of Technology.  They said I have 20 minutes to explain why “real” historians should respect we amateurs, and vice-versa; of course I will use MARCH and InfoAge as the key pieces of evidence.  There are three other speakers in the panel who also get 20 minutes.  Then we all answer questions from the moderator and – what I’m looking forward to the most – questions from the audience.

      - Evan

    • Sellam Ismail
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 24, 2007
        On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > I got accepted to speak at this fall's 50th annual conference of the
        > Society for the History of Technology.

        Hmmm, I would love to give a talk at this. And if I time it right, I
        could be there at the same time the conference is going on. Do you think
        they'd accept a submission at this point?

        I'll be travelling to the east coast again in the next several weeks to do
        an appraisal of the Videotopia collection, which is being donated to the
        Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria, NY.

        --

        Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 24, 2007
          No, the deadline was back in February or March, I forget which; they're
          pretty strict about this stuff. But you can come root for me, as we did
          for you at HOPE '06. :) Also: see my private reply.

          Heard about that videotopia thing. A bit disappointed since the guy is
          based here in NJ and definitely knows about us. Oh well...

          Let me / us know when you'll be out here.

          On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > I got accepted to speak at this fall's 50th annual conference of the
          > Society for the History of Technology.

          Hmmm, I would love to give a talk at this. And if I time it right, I
          could be there at the same time the conference is going on. Do you
          think
          they'd accept a submission at this point?

          I'll be travelling to the east coast again in the next several weeks to
          do
          an appraisal of the Videotopia collection, which is being donated to the

          Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria, NY.

          --

          Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer
          Festival
          ------
          International Man of Intrigue and Danger
          http://www.vintage.org

          [ Old computing resources for business || Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage
          Computers ]
          [ and academia at www.VintageTech.com || at
          http://marketplace.vintage.org ]

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 16, 2009
            Found this tonight: northern NJ IEEE chapter printed VCF flier as a
            whole page (p. 8) in their recent newsletter:
            http://web.njit.edu/~ieeenj/archived_newsletters/2009_09.pdf