Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Update on next workday, and a poll

  • Jeffrey Frady
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 16, 2007
      For workday, Rose and I are a maybe.  I should know early that week.

      On 8/16/07, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster@... > wrote:

      Herb Johnson wrote:
      > The best I can offer, in my opinion, is "show some DEC stuff". I
      > helped with some of the earlier moving this summer. I saw a lot of
      > PDP-11 stuff. We HAVE a lot of DEC stuff. Therefore, it seems to me,
      > we should show something of it.

      Indeed. And DEC, being from the Boston area, isn't very far outside our
      area, no?

      Peace... Sridhar

      Moderator at http://forums.palm.com
    • Sellam Ismail
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 24, 2007
        On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > Wa-la!

        It's spelled, "voila" ;~)

        --

        Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival

      • Sellam Ismail
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 24, 2007
          On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

          > Herb Johnson wrote:
          > > The best I can offer, in my opinion, is "show some DEC stuff". I
          > > helped with some of the earlier moving this summer. I saw a lot of
          > > PDP-11 stuff. We HAVE a lot of DEC stuff. Therefore, it seems to me,
          > > we should show something of it.
          >
          > Indeed. And DEC, being from the Boston area, isn't very far outside our
          > area, no?

          What about IBM? It practically defines that whole area.

          --

          Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 24, 2007
            IBM is assumed because of the NY connection. Whereas DEC is on the
            borderline... Herb's right that we do have some terrific DEC gear and so
            we should definitely show it, but I'm considering the idea of NOT
            counting the beantown region as "local region" (nor DC ... with my
            apologies to our members who live there!), because including Boston and
            DC would simply be information overload for this "local region" exhibit.
            Also we'll have plenty of other exhibits appropriate for DEC computers.
            Meanwhile DC will be represented in a future exhibit about online
            services (lil' thing called the ARPANET some of you may use from time to
            time!)

            On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

            > Herb Johnson wrote:
            > > The best I can offer, in my opinion, is "show some DEC stuff". I
            > > helped with some of the earlier moving this summer. I saw a lot of
            > > PDP-11 stuff. We HAVE a lot of DEC stuff. Therefore, it seems to me,
            > > we should show something of it.
            >
            > Indeed. And DEC, being from the Boston area, isn't very far outside
            our
            > area, no?

            What about IBM? It practically defines that whole area.

            --

            Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer
            Festival
            ------
            International Man of Intrigue and Danger
            http://www.vintage.org

            [ Old computing resources for business || Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage
            Computers ]
            [ and academia at www.VintageTech.com || at
            http://marketplace.vintage.org ]

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • William Donzelli
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 24, 2007
              > What about IBM? It practically defines that whole area.

              Univac was closer. And you could probably throw a rock to the old
              Interdata grounds.

              --
              Will