FW: Large computer rescue - any collectors in the VA/PA/DC/WV/NC area?

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14 5:37 PM
      Fyi, from the cctalk list.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: William Maddox [mailto:wmaddox@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 8:19 PM
      To: cctalk@...
      Subject: Large computer rescue - any collectors in the VA/PA/DC/WV/NC
      area?

      I am arranging a large vintage computer rescue, and
      will be on-site Thursday and Friday to inventory the
      equipment and make arrangements. There will be
      scrappers coming next week, so time is off the
      essence. From the most recent photos I have been
      sent, it looks like there may be more material there
      than was previously indicated, and possibly more than
      I will be able to handle. It is likely that I can set
      aside material for other collectors. I would be
      looking to get firm commitments over the next few days
      while I am on-site, as it may be difficult to get the
      owners to hold on to it otherwise. Material that may
      be available include Modcomp IIs, IBM 729 keypunch,
      9-track tape drives, and possibly some Honeywell gear.
      Please contact me if you have a serious interest and
      ability to remove this sort of gear, about 4.5 hours
      out of DC.

      -- Bill