Re: [not a] Winchester Disk Controller Card

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , May 30, 2005
      > > ISA 8-bit drive controller (PC/XT), but the card looks like
      > > it's for a TRS 80
      > > Model III or 4. I don't know as much about TRS 80 cards and drives.
      > If it is for the model 4, then it is (probably) not a hard disk controller.
      > The Model 4 used the bus connector from the motherboard for a hard drive
      > interface. It then essentially drove a WD1002-HD0 card mounted in an
      > external box with an MFM drive. If anything, this is probably a floppy
      > controller for the model III/IV (many shipped without a floppy controller
      > installed). It could also (although not likely) be a Model IV to SASI
      > interface. Do you have any part numbers on the board at all? What is the
      > number on the big (around 40 pin) WD chip in the center of the card? I can
      > look it up in my data book. Also, how many connectors are there on the card
      > edge. I'm guessing there are 34. If so, then floppy. If 50, then it could
      be
      > SASI.

      There are 34 connectors, just like the card I took out of a Model III.

      The board part number is 9120-0010
      The writing on the big chip is (on three lines):
      WDC ' 79
      FD1793PL-02
      8327 16

      bd
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 9 , May 30, 2005
        On Mon, 30 May 2005 billdeg@... wrote:

        > There are 34 connectors, just like the card I took out of a Model III.
        >
        > The board part number is 9120-0010
        > The writing on the big chip is (on three lines):
        > WDC ' 79
        > FD1793PL-02
        > 8327 16

        Looks like a floppy controller chip to me.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Chris M
        Message 3 of 9 , May 30, 2005
          members.chello.nl
          --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com

          http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/B9/
          > Old Technology
          http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/

          __________________________________
          Yahoo! Mail Mobile
          http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
        • chrism3667
          Message 4 of 9 , May 31, 2005
            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, billdeg@a... wrote:
            > There are 34 connectors, just like the card I took out of a Model III.
            >
            > The board part number is 9120-0010
            > The writing on the big chip is (on three lines):
            > WDC ' 79
            > FD1793PL-02
            > 8327 16
            >
            > bd

            This is what I meant to post:

            members.chello.nl/h.otten/chipswd1793.htm
          • billdeg@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , May 31, 2005
              ok, thanks. I will save this info. I have a lot to learn.
              bd

              Message 6 of 9 , May 31, 2005
                Chris,

                This domain is in my list of restricted site as a place of 'known malware'.

                Jim

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 1, 2005
                  It was just a data sheet more or less Jim. If you'd like, I could e-mail it to you.

                  Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:
                  Chris,

                  This domain is in my list of restricted site as a place of 'known malware'.

                  Jim

                  --- chrism3667 <chrism3667@...> wrote:
                  > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, billdeg@a... wrote:
                  > > There are 34 connectors, just like the card I took out of a Model III.
                  > >
                  > > The board part number is 9120-0010
                  > > The writing on the big chip is (on three lines):
                  > > WDC ' 79
                  > > FD1793PL-02
                  > > 8327         16
                  > >
                  > > bd
                  >
                  > This is what I meant to post:
                  >
                  > members.chello.nl/h.otten/chipswd1793.htm

                  Discover Yahoo!
                • chrism3667
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 1, 2005
                    ...and I've uploaded it to the files section as a Word document.
                    Shouldn't pose too many problems...then again maybe it'll shut yahoo
                    down!

                    --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Chris M <chrism3667@y...>
                    wrote:
                    > It was just a data sheet more or less Jim. If you'd like, I could
                    e-mail it to you.

                    > Jim Scheef <jscheef@y...> wrote:Chris,
                    >
                    > This domain is in my list of restricted site as a place of 'known
                    malware'.

                    > Jim
                    >

                    > --- chrism3667 <chrism3667@y...> wrote:
                    > > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, billdeg@a... wrote:
                    > > > There are 34 connectors, just like the card I took out of a
                    Model III.

                    > > > The board part number is 9120-0010
                    > > > The writing on the big chip is (on three lines):
                    > > > WDC ' 79
                    > > > FD1793PL-02
                    > > > 8327 16
                    > > >
                    > > > bd
                    > >
                    > > This is what I meant to post:
                    > >
                    > > members.chello.nl/h.otten/chipswd1793.htm

                    Service.

                    > Discover Yahoo!
                    > Get on-the-go sports scores, stock quotes, news & more. Check it
                    out!
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005
                      Chris,

                      That's OK. I looked at it using Firefox on Linux. The default site for that
                      domain is all p0rn.

                      Jim