RE: [midatlanticretro] Lots of schlepping got done tonight ... closer to our goal!

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 9, 2007
      >>> GOOD POINT! There are special carpets

      And do you know how much they cost? Yeah... lots.

      I did check out some anti-static mats and those are pricey, too. InfoAge
      does have a stash of generic rubber mats, and rubber is a pretty good
      insulator. :)

      I don't know if Fred has any plans for these mats, but I will ask. Maybe
      we can use them to make a walkway (of sorts) around the inside perimeter
      of wherever we put displays.

      It also may help that we're using thin industrial carpet, not anything
      fluffy. (I'm not exactly sure HOW that may help, but I do recall reading
      about it once.)
    • Bill Sudbrink
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 9, 2007
        I seem to recall that a solution of 1 part laundry softener to
        5? parts water, misted onto the carpet once a week will just about
        eliminate static problems.

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        5:38 PM