interesting aquisition

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2007
      From my friend Bill Dudley. I told him I was looking into a project computer, and he gave me something. Its a set of Z80 Based, Seiko Controller boards for a robotic control system. The boards, over the several revisions that I got, all have RAM and ROM, Serial and Parallel Controllers, what fun I could have! There is no power supply, but I have all the schematics and block diagrams to go with it. I'm looking into the possibility of getting these boards up and running somehow, and interfacing with them in a terminal emulator, since it does have serial. Whatcha think? Anyone familiar with these? He also gave me a few books on the Z80, an assembly language book and a reference manual. Should be helpful.

      Thanks
      Joe
    • John Allain
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20, 2007
        > {semidocumented, dedicated Z80 boards}

        Since you are "seriously pre-retirement", I'd be interested in what you want
        to be in the next 5 years, or at least post graduation, whenever that is.
        If you'd say something on the order of engineer, then I'd say
        >> Invest in new technology <<.
        I noticed in the Jameco catalog that arrived yesterday that a new PIC
        Microcontroller system can be had for about $100, plus a PC (not too new),
        plus some free downloads. Cheap enough. Spend some money on your future.

        John A.