Re: [midatlanticretro] ot: Electronic components Central NJ

  • Ray Fantini
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 18, 2007
      I have wasted many hours repairing displays, worked in a TV shop back in High School repairing CRT displays for bowling alleys and the like. Replacing the capacitors is a good idea although may find the only problems will be in the Horizontal output on the high B+ side their are none in the HV line so don't need to deal with discharging that, and the capacitors in the vertical output, when changing capacitors in the vertical output beware! if their was a original non polarized in the vertical discharge only use non polarized replacements or bad things happen. other then that the power supply filters and the like are all fairly generic, as long as their transformer and not switching.
      Ray Fantini
    • John Allain
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 18, 2007
        > Does anyoen know of a place in central NJ with a good stock of
        > electrolytic capacitors?

        I'm not NJ, but how about posting H x W x L + Voltage + Farads,
        I might have yours in the ~100 I've saved.

        John A.
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 18, 2007
          Me too...I have a box or two on hand.
          bd

          >> Does anyoen know of a place in central NJ with a good stock of
          >> electrolytic capacitors?
          >
          > I'm not NJ, but how about posting H x W x L + Voltage + Farads,
          > I might have yours in the ~100 I've saved.
          >
          > John A.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          -END-
        • Jeffrey Frady
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 18, 2007
            I recommend Allied.  They are great, they have nearly everything.  We use them at my work.  They send us free pretzels/pizza a few times a year.

            On 7/18/07, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

            Me too...I have a box or two on hand.
            bd

            >> Does anyoen know of a place in central NJ with a good stock of
            >> electrolytic capacitors?
            >
            > I'm not NJ, but how about posting H x W x L + Voltage + Farads,
            > I might have yours in the ~100 I've saved.
            >
            > John A.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            -END-

            Moderator at http://forums.palm.com
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 18, 2007
              Really? That does it, I'm switching ... Digi-who?? :)

              >>> Allied ... they send us free pretzels/pizza a few times a year.