CES 1985 Pics (Commodore)

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 17, 2007
      Remember that CD we could not access at VCF E 4? I was able to get it to
      work, reveal the pictures of the Comsumer Electronics Show 1985. These
      are pictures of the C-LCD and C-128 displays as they were being assembled
      before the show.

      here is a link:

      -END-
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 17, 2007
        Cool. What was the problem?
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 17, 2007
          > Cool. What was the problem?

          I don't know, probably the PC on hand was the problem.

          Bill
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 17, 2007
            On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, B Degnan wrote:

            >> Cool. What was the problem?
            >>
            > I don't know, probably the PC on hand was the problem.

            "Nut loose in front of the keyboard"? :-)

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 17, 2007

              >>> Cool. What was the problem?
              >>>
              >> I don't know, probably the PC on hand was the problem.
              >
              > "Nut loose in front of the keyboard"? :-)

              I remember that Evan's laptop had a bad CD drive, and Brian's system
              over-heated. They don't make stuff like they used to.
            • bilherd
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 18, 2007
                Yeah we tried to design them to have BOTH a bad drive and a heating
                problem 'stead of this wimpy one thing or the other.

                I'll have to come up with the captions for the pictures, there are
                some interesting characters there including the famous Yash Terakura.
                Also Greg Berlin, Hedley Davis, Ian Kirschman, and the unsung techs
                (or "lab trash" as I coined the phrase. It gave us something to fight
                about at the bar)

                Bil Herd