Re: [midatlanticretro] interesting book found in thrift store

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2007

      I'd say that's a good book to hold on to, it's a really good deal.
      It has some good material in there about learning the origins of microcomputer design.

      =Dan
      [ vintage electrons are just as good    ]
      [ http://ragooman.home.comcast.net/        ]

      Joe Giliberti wrote:

      "How to Build Your Own Working Microcomputer" by Charles K. Adams, copyright 1980. Its a first edition, second printing hardcover with a brown stain on some pages, but still very useable. Shows how to build a computer based on the 8080 with video, keyboard, and other neat things. Got it as part of a "bag-o-books" which cost me $1. Would this be considered a collectible at all? I'm definitely going to read through it, but I'm just wondering how good a deal I got on this.

      Thanks
      Joe

      No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.10.4/898 - Release Date: 7/12/2007 4:08 PM