interesting book found in thrift store

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2007
      "How to Build Your Own Working Microcomputer" by Charles K. Adams, copyright 1980. Its a first edition, second printing hardcover with a brown stain on some pages, but still very useable. Shows how to build a computer based on the 8080 with video, keyboard, and other neat things. Got it as part of a "bag-o-books" which cost me $1. Would this be considered a collectible at all? I'm definitely going to read through it, but I'm just wondering how good a deal I got on this.

      Thanks
      Joe
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2007
        Joe Giliberti wrote:
        > "How to Build Your Own Working Microcomputer" by Charles K. Adams,
        > copyright 1980. Its a first edition, second printing hardcover with a
        > brown stain on some pages, but still very useable. Shows how to build a
        > computer based on the 8080 with video, keyboard, and other neat things.
        > Got it as part of a "bag-o-books" which cost me $1. Would this be
        > considered a collectible at all? I'm definitely going to read through
        > it, but I'm just wondering how good a deal I got on this.

        Any "bag of books" for $1 is a good deal.

        Peace... Sridhar
      • Dan
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 13, 2007

          I'd say that's a good book to hold on to, it's a really good deal.
          It has some good material in there about learning the origins of microcomputer design.

          =Dan
          [ vintage electrons are just as good    ]
          [ http://ragooman.home.comcast.net/        ]

          Joe Giliberti wrote:

          "How to Build Your Own Working Microcomputer" by Charles K. Adams, copyright 1980. Its a first edition, second printing hardcover with a brown stain on some pages, but still very useable. Shows how to build a computer based on the 8080 with video, keyboard, and other neat things. Got it as part of a "bag-o-books" which cost me $1. Would this be considered a collectible at all? I'm definitely going to read through it, but I'm just wondering how good a deal I got on this.

          Thanks
          Joe

          No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.10.4/898 - Release Date: 7/12/2007 4:08 PM