One More IBM Series 1 Post

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27 3:59 PM
      I found the a manual labeled "communications" for the Series 1, with lots of
      how-to stuff for 3270 info and interfacing with PC (5150) using serial card,
      etc. and the Series 1. In a nutshell I was wrong about 3270 emulation, 3270
      emulation IS possible with a Series 1, and well documented, I was incorrect in
      my earlier email in thinking it was too new of a protocol. In a lot of ways
      the IBM Series 1 is like a super PC hub. You can theoretically hook 256 PC's up
      to one Series 1 4956 processor.

      bd
      Message 2 of 2 , May 27 8:57 PM
        Bill,

        Don't stop posting about the Series 1! This is too much fun and we all want
        to see how it ends.

        Jim