Re: [midatlanticretro] IBM Manuals - Free - Landsdale PA

  • madodel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2007
      B Degnan wrote:
      > I received this email below...I don't know what the manuals are for
      > exactly and I already have plenty of IBM manuals that I am not using,
      > don't need any more. Anyone near Landsdale, PA that could pick these up
      > for MARCH or use themselves? Let me know and I will put you in contact
      > with the donor.
      > Bill D
      >

      >> I probably have 25-30 linear feet of manuals. They mostly are IBM
      >> mainframe
      >> documentation. I'm not too thrilled about sorting them. Some are still in
      >> original plastic wrapper.
      >> You are willing to come and go through them - you can HAVE (no cost)
      >> whatever
      >> you want. Only condition is you throw the ones you don't want in a bin
      >> that
      >> I'll provide.

      He just says IBM mainframe but doesn't give any details. I have a copy of
      IBM's entire MVS manual's on a CD set. That includes things like CICS and
      IMS and other MVS components. I don't have manuals for older VSE or the
      newer post-MVS stuff though. Of course some people don't like reading
      manuals online so having paper hard copies might be nice. But I'm 2 hours
      from Lansdale and my wife would kill me if I came home with a van crammed
      with stuff.

      Mark

      --

      From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel