IBM Manuals - Free - Landsdale PA

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2 1:47 PM
      I received this email below...I don't know what the manuals are for
      exactly and I already have plenty of IBM manuals that I am not using,
      don't need any more. Anyone near Landsdale, PA that could pick these up
      for MARCH or use themselves? Let me know and I will put you in contact
      with the donor.
      Bill D

      > I probably have 25-30 linear feet of manuals. They mostly are IBM
      > mainframe
      > documentation. I'm not too thrilled about sorting them. Some are still in
      > original plastic wrapper.
      > You are willing to come and go through them - you can HAVE (no cost)
      > whatever
      > you want. Only condition is you throw the ones you don't want in a bin
      > that
      > I'll provide.

      -END-
    • madodel
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2 4:52 PM
        B Degnan wrote:
        > I received this email below...I don't know what the manuals are for
        > exactly and I already have plenty of IBM manuals that I am not using,
        > don't need any more. Anyone near Landsdale, PA that could pick these up
        > for MARCH or use themselves? Let me know and I will put you in contact
        > with the donor.
        > Bill D
        >

        >> I probably have 25-30 linear feet of manuals. They mostly are IBM
        >> mainframe
        >> documentation. I'm not too thrilled about sorting them. Some are still in
        >> original plastic wrapper.
        >> You are willing to come and go through them - you can HAVE (no cost)
        >> whatever
        >> you want. Only condition is you throw the ones you don't want in a bin
        >> that
        >> I'll provide.

        He just says IBM mainframe but doesn't give any details. I have a copy of
        IBM's entire MVS manual's on a CD set. That includes things like CICS and
        IMS and other MVS components. I don't have manuals for older VSE or the
        newer post-MVS stuff though. Of course some people don't like reading
        manuals online so having paper hard copies might be nice. But I'm 2 hours
        from Lansdale and my wife would kill me if I came home with a van crammed
        with stuff.

        Mark

        --

        From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel