University of Delaware Computer Museum

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2007
      There's a new computer museum at the University of Delaware and I am
      working as a sort of curator to help assemble exhibits. It's small. This
      weekend we completed a new exhibit showcase. Those of you at the Vintage
      Computer Festival will recognize it. The "TRS 80 Model 1 30th Anniversary"
      exhibit from the festival has found a home. Pictured are computers donated
      to the University, plus a few items from my collection.

      http://vintagecomputer.net/UofDelaware/

      So far 20 people have registered for my class, "Preserving Historical
      Microcomputers" CISC/CPEG 367 - Mon and Weds nights 5-615PM.

      -Bill
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2007
        Bill,

        The exhibit looks fabulous - very professional. This is what we need to do in our museum.

        Jim

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2007
          thanks. I put a lot of time into my exhibit at the VCF, partially because
          I knew it would end up in the museum.
          bd

          At 06:33 PM 7/1/2007 -0700, you wrote:
          >Bill,
          >
          >The exhibit looks fabulous - very professional. This is what we need to do
          >in our museum.
          >
          >Jim

        • jack99rubin
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2007
            Pictured are computers donated
            > to the University, plus a few items from my collection.
            >
            > http://vintagecomputer.net/UofDelaware/
            >

            > So far 20 people have registered for my class, "Preserving Historical
            > Microcomputers" CISC/CPEG 367 - Mon and Weds nights 5-615PM.

            Nice printer!
            Is the syllabus for the course listed online?

            Jack
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2, 2007

              > Nice printer!

              Thanks...I thought that you'd recognize it.

              > Is the syllabus for the course listed online?

              Not anymore, I was advised to pull it from my site, but I will send you a
              copy.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 4, 2007
                Thanks.
                You're descirbing a TRS 80 Model III probably.
                Bill

                At 09:11 AM 7/4/2007 -0600, you wrote:

                That is a very nice display.  I remember using a TRS80 when I worked at one of our local colleges.  I can t remember the model off the top of my head, but it had the monitor and two disk drives, and I think even the keyboard built into a single unit.  I only used it a couple of times, this was in the mid 80 s.

                Jim K.

              • Jim
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 4, 2007

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 4, 2007

                    It wasn’t a bad computer for the time.  I worked at training center for the college and most of the training was for child development and criminal justice.  We only had one computer the TRS80 and dedicated word processor.  That was also the first time I had to use a color copier, we would type documents on the word processor and if we wanted certain words in color we had to map out the word or words on a grid on the copier, and tell it what color to print in.  What a pain in the neck, my how things have changed since then.

                    JK