Re: Next MARCH workday

  • Herb Johnson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 27, 2007
      "John Allain" <allain@...> wrote:

      > > How about some small signage for the MARCH collection on display? We
      > > have a room full of technology, but no "tags" to even IDENTIFY these
      > > items. They can run a laptop and printer, and cut out tags and glue
      >
      > Thanks for your interest.
      > Yet another reason to go there on a Sunday, to see what the general
      public
      > sees. To your point I donated a working laser printer 1y ago for
      just these
      > sorts of purposes.
      > I believe it's recogniged that a likely next step is catalog what we
      have...
      > so the step following that would be to look up and get together the text
      > to put on the needed tags, given the identities of the machines on
      display.

      > - - -
      >
      > Is a WiFi connection of some sort still active at infoAge?
      >
      > John A.

      I think you like the idea of tagging the items on exhibit. I believe
      the other exhibitors have their displayed items tagged and identified.

      So I suggest not waiting for a catalog or Internet access. Laptop,
      printer, and someone to point to each item and say "this is a X". The
      youngsters can type into the laptop the list, print it in large font,
      and cut and paste as described. The kids will be there anyway,
      apparently: it's a useful task and they are almost certainly able to
      do it. And, there will be a list of what we have on display TODAY.
      That might be useful.

      If it's a good idea, GET IT DONE. The phrase "don't let the best be
      the enemy of the good" comes to mind....

      Herb Johnson