Re: [midatlanticretro] Boston geek attractions

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 25, 2007
      Mike Loewen wrote:
      > I'm going to be in Boston on vacation in August, and will definitely
      > be there for the MIT Flea on the 19th. Other than Tech Square, what are
      > the other recommended geek attractions?

      "You-do-it" Electronics Center comes to mind.. :) --->
      http://www.youdoitelectronics.com/

      Cheers,

      Bryan
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 26, 2007
        B Degnan wrote:
        > sorry...no. can you get these new? I would think that these are still
        > available from IC sellers.
        > bill

        Like here? ---> http://www.unicornelectronics.com/IC/6800.html

        Cheers,

        Bryan

        >> Bill,
        >>
        >> Would you happen to have a 6800 chip ? I need one for
        >> a project. Happy to pay you whatever the market rate
        >> is for one.
        >>
        >> Regards,
        >> -Dave

      • Dan
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 26, 2007
          Dave,

          I've been selling off some of my parts on eBay
          I have some 6800's(1mhz), $3.00 (No B versions though)
          There's Motorola, AMI and Fairchild--hope it doesn't matter :)
          I'll have other parts on there soon.
          Just look under millragball628

          =Dan

          [ Retro in Pittsburgh ]
          [ http://ragooman.home.comcast.net/ ]

          B Degnan wrote:

          > sorry...no. can you get these new? I would think that these are still
          > available from IC sellers.
          > bill
          >
          > > Bill,
          > >
          > > Would you happen to have a 6800 chip ? I need one for
          > > a project. Happy to pay you whatever the market rate
          > > is for one.
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > > -Dave
          > > --- Bill Pileggi <wpileggi@... <mailto:wpileggi%40juno.com>> wrote:
          > >
          > >> Just another reminder -
          > >> If you need an AC adapter or power supply (modular,
          > >> OEM, etc.) for a
          > >> piece of equipment, email me. I currently have 4
          > >> cartons worth of
          > >> misc. types (AC adapters) and will be happy to pass
          > >> along one if I
          > >> have it. And of course TTL IC's, Linear IC's, Memory
          > >> IC's, CPU's,
          > >> Boards and other electronics parts accumulated
          > >> during my youth. Bill P/
          > >> KA3AIS

          > >> picture if you're
          > >> curious what they look like. Bill

          > >> Paying too much credit card interest? New low APR
          > >> credit cards. Click here.
          > >>

          > http://track.juno.com/s/lc?u=http://tagline.untd.us/fc/Ioyw6iifRpSOQhNVE3OlMmXEOQaKwdpjwk5TWjMlBWw4jDiqGRQTaF/
          > <http://track.juno.com/s/lc?u=http://tagline.untd.us/fc/Ioyw6iifRpSOQhNVE3OlMmXEOQaKwdpjwk5TWjMlBWw4jDiqGRQTaF/>
          > >>

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > -END-

        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 3, 2007
            I finally got a chance to clean up and check out the Kaypro II (1982) I
            recently acquired (thanks, Bill!):

            http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/Kaypro/KayproII.html

            Works good, thanks to disk images available from Dave Dunfield's site.
            The Kaypro II was the first commercially available Kaypro system, and had
            a 9" screen (80x24) as compared to the Osborne 1's 5" (52x24) screen.

            The rest of my Kaypro collection is here:

            http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/Kaypro/

            Anyone have a IV/83 or a Robie to spare? :-)

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • David Gesswein
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 12, 2008
              Is MARCH or anybody on the list interested in a Kaypro II? Somebody
              emailed me offering one for pickup local to me. Unknown if functional.
              If your interested I can either transfer at a future MARCH event or
              ship it if you pay shipping.

              From email:
              it's a KayPro 2 which seems to be in good condition. Apparently there's
              also a second box and some kind of monitor.
            • Sean Durkin
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 12, 2008
                Any takers yet?
                - if not, I've always wanted one!