the Eagle-2 has landed...

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 7 , May 24, 2005
      ...as well as the Leading Edge Model M PC, a stack of books, and a whole gaggle of SGI Indigos. I really wasn't sure I'd make it. Ol' Bill was trying to load me to the hilt with all sorts of goodies. I had to pass on alot of it :(.
       Somebody was looking for MFM controllers - for which computer I wasn't sure. Somebody else said something about TRS-80 hard disk controllers. In a big way I found neither. What I do have is some controller thingees that require a host adapter - a intermediary board that would go between the computer and the boards he gave me. He didn't have the host adapters, but I asked if he could gather up all the schematics and contact me. It'll probably take time...
       Funny thing about this Model M, or actually the color monitor it came with...if anyone's interested. It's identical externally to the cm-1 that was meant to go with the Tandy 2000. Roy said it was only CGA though. I even opened it up and sure enough it had Mistubishi innards and tube, like the cm-1. Not sure if it's the same tube though.

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • relayer
      Message 2 of 7 , May 24, 2005
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Chris M <chrism3667@y...> wrote:
        > ...as well as the Leading Edge Model M PC, a stack of books, and a
        whole gaggle of SGI Indigos. I really wasn't sure I'd make it. Ol'

        I know, off topic, but any Indigo parts lying around? I have an Indigo
        2 without a monitor cable. I'm looking for at least a 13W3 Male connector.
      • Chris M
        Message 3 of 7 , May 24, 2005
          I meant to reply to that post. No, all I have is an old Sun monitor *questionable integrity*, and whether it works or not, I'm going to cut the connector off and make my own 13w3 to vga adapter. I have a whole gaggle of these babies now, haven't even plugged one in yet, but the last thing I could spare is monitors or anything to do with them :). I do think there may be or has been a cheap adapter on ebay within the last few days. Keep watching, sometimes you can find a real bargain.

          relayer <relayer@...> wrote:
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Chris M <chrism3667@y...> wrote:
          > ...as well as the Leading Edge Model M PC, a stack of books, and a
          whole gaggle of SGI Indigos. I really wasn't sure I'd make it. Ol'

          I know, off topic, but any Indigo parts lying around? I have an Indigo
          2 without a monitor cable. I'm looking for at least a 13W3 Male connector.

          Do You Yahoo!?
        • John Allain
          Message 4 of 7 , May 26, 2005
            > I have an Indigo 2 without a monitor cable.
            > I'm looking for at least a 13W3 Male connector.

            I'll trade a complete 13W3 to VGA adaptor for a decent Indigo.
            Sounds unfair on the face of it, but thought I heard someone
            say they had a large lot of them that they'd be stuck packratting.

            John A.
          • BOYD BORRILL
            Message 5 of 7 , May 26, 2005
              Is that the nomenclature for the 25-pin (PC) to 12 or 13 pin (AT)  adaptor?  If so, I have several and don't need any.  So if it is, and you need one, let mr know and I'll send one to you.

              Ray

              John Allain <allain@...> wrote:
              > I have an Indigo 2 without a monitor cable.
              > I'm looking for at least a 13W3 Male connector.

              I'll trade a complete 13W3 to VGA adaptor for a decent Indigo.
              Sounds unfair on the face of it, but thought I heard someone
              say they had a large lot of them that they'd be stuck packratting.

              John A.

              Pioneer Purveyor of Personal Processing Power
            • ahm
              Message 6 of 7 , May 26, 2005
                On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 09:33:02AM -0700, BOYD BORRILL wrote:
                > Is that the nomenclature for the 25-pin (PC) to 12 or 13 pin (AT) adaptor?

                13W3 is what's used for video on Sun Microsystems and SGI machines.

                At first glance, it may look like a 25-pin shell, but closer inspection
                reveals 3 larger pins amongst the smaller ones.

                Look near the bottom of this page:
                http://www.blackbox.co.uk/UKhome.asp?cc=UK&pc=7&bc=pinoutcharts

                HTH,
                Andy
              • Chris M
                Message 7 of 7 , May 26, 2005
                  Boyd...it's just nomenclature for P.I.T.A! I have a slew of puters now that use this connector. Actually have a monitor, Sun, which may be flakey, or is just real particular about what you pump into it. Most of my recent cache of SGI machines seem to work, but I can't get output as of yet. My plan is to cut the cable off the back of the Sun monitor, and make an adapter cable that'll go into my PEECEE monitor. I know that doesn't help if you don't have a Sun or similar monitor for scrap...
                   Anyone know what are the display frequencies of an SGI Indy or Indigo 2? I probably run the whole gamut w/regards to the I2's, from lowly teal boxes with seemingly no special video hardware, to glorious purple boxes with the "IMPACT 10000" moniker at the bottom of the case.