Re: 720 disk recovery pt2

  • Robert Van Cleef
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2007
      if there is an option to undo what was done to the disk under the dos
      utilities, undo it before running spinrite. bobvc99

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Fantini" <rafantini@...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks for all the info, I will be looking for a copy of spinrite
      and trying that next. Only used DOS utilities to this point to try to
      recover the files. Any other interest in Grid systems? Was thinking of
      setting up a FTP site with all the old Grid software, Grid DOS,
      Gridscan, mode and display drivers. Don't have a lot on the early grid
      Compass stuff, back when all that was around just worked with the
      modern RAM / DOS stuff, unfortunately I passed up lots of the magnetic
      bubble stuff and now regret it. I do have a tempested Compass system
      with bubble memory and oddly enough the program is still in residence
      in the Fairchild bubble box and still runs. I do have the 5 ΒΌ base
      station if anyone needs to install a program on a compass system. If
      you want to see some of my junk look at my web page www.ka3ekh.net
      under the military computer link.