RE: [midatlanticretro] Dinner on Friday

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 5, 2007
      On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, B Degnan wrote:

      > I will be there Friday afternoon. There will probably be some kind of
      > dinner event both nights

      I'll be there Friday afternoon, as well. What time are you guys
      showing up to set up?

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 5, 2007
        I'm working on it. Traditionally there is the "official" dinner Saturday
        night, but also informal we-might-as-well-hang-out dinner(s) Friday night.
        And hey, Hans is coming from Munich! Several of us have had the
        misfortune of watching him dine... it's a serious sport. :)

        Updates to come.

        > Bill Sudbrink wrote:
        >>> Is there going to be a get-together as usual? What time roughly?
        >>
        >> You mean Saturday, right? Isn't that when the big dinner usually is?
        >
        > I mean Friday, the night before the show starts.
        >
        > Peace... Sridhar
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Bill Sudbrink
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 5, 2007
          Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

          > Bill Sudbrink wrote:
          > >> Is there going to be a get-together as usual? What time roughly?
          > >
          > > You mean Saturday, right? Isn't that when the big dinner usually is?
          >
          > I mean Friday, the night before the show starts.

          Hmmm... I expect (hope?) to be frantically setting up my exhibit Friday
          night. At the two VCF Wests I attended and VCF East 2.0, there was a
          big "descend like locusts on a local restaurant" on Saturday night.

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          PM
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 5, 2007
            I should be there by 2PM, that way there is no rush.
            bd

            > On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, B Degnan wrote:
            >
            >> I will be there Friday afternoon. There will probably be some kind of
            >> dinner event both nights
            >
            > I'll be there Friday afternoon, as well. What time are you guys
            > showing up to set up?
            >

            > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

            -END-
          • Bryan Pope
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 5, 2007
              Evan Koblentz wrote:
              > I'm working on it. Traditionally there is the "official" dinner Saturday
              > night, but also informal we-might-as-well-hang-out dinner(s) Friday night.
              > And hey, Hans is coming from Munich! Several of us have had the
              > misfortune of watching him dine... it's a serious sport. :)
              >
              > Updates to come.

              Speaking of food-type substances, do you have the Commodore logo cake
              ordered?

              Cheers,

              Bryan
            • Sridhar Ayengar
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 5, 2007
                Evan Koblentz wrote:
                > I'm working on it. Traditionally there is the "official" dinner Saturday
                > night, but also informal we-might-as-well-hang-out dinner(s) Friday night.
                > And hey, Hans is coming from Munich! Several of us have had the
                > misfortune of watching him dine... it's a serious sport. :)

                The main reason I'm asking is that I probably won't be getting there
                until fairly late, and I wanted to be sure I didn't miss it. I'll
                definitely be around on Saturday night. 8-)

                Peace... Sridhar