RE: [midatlanticretro] General Announcement: Vintage Computer Festival East 4.0, this weekend!

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007

      Hi folks.  Please spread the announcement below as WIDELY as humanly possible!!!  The more people who come to VCF, the better our user group and museum will be long-term – and the more fun we’ll all have short-term.

      One special thing I’d like to emphasize: a new feature this year is the “donate-to-sell” booth.  This was Sellam’s idea, and it’s a very good one.  Instead of consignment, which requires a lot of management on our part, in this booth anyone can donate anything related to vintage computers.  Upon donating, the owner will tag their item(s) with a price.  If it sells, then the income goes to the MARCH museum.  If it doesn’t sell by the time the donator leaves the VCF, then we request that they take it back.  (Otherwise, it goes into our general collection, after which we may sell it if it’s nothing particularly worthwhile.)  This booth will be something of an experiment.

      Joe agreed to staff this table.  We’ll need a couple of other volunteers to give Joe a break throughout the weekend.

      I’ll send a separate email for exhibitors, re: setup details and such.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 5, 2007
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Hi folks. Please spread the announcement below as WIDELY as humanly
        > possible!!! The more people who come to VCF, the better our user group
        > and museum will be long-term – and the more fun we’ll all have short-term.

        Evan,

        I sent it out on my OS/2-eComStation announcement list. I'll be thinking
        of you guys on the cruise ship when we're sailing to Bermuda.

        Mark

        --

        From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

        Warpstock 2007 - Where?, http://www.warpstock.org

        http://www.os2voice.org

        Investigation, 1938
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 5, 2007
          Muchos gracias.

          > Hi folks. Please spread the announcement below as WIDELY as humanly
          > possible!!! The more people who come to VCF, the better our user
          group
          > and museum will be long-term - and the more fun we'll all have
          short-term.

          Evan,

          I sent it out on my OS/2-eComStation announcement list. I'll be
          thinking
          of you guys on the cruise ship when we're sailing to Bermuda.

          Mark

          --

          From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

          Warpstock 2007 - Where?, http://www.warpstock.org

          http://www.os2voice.org

          democratic State itself. That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership
          of
          Investigation, 1938

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Bryan Pope
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 5, 2007
            Evan Koblentz wrote:
            > Muchos gracias.

            Umm.. they don't speak spanish in Bermuda.. It would be more like
            "Would you like another Rum Swizzle or Dark n' Stormy with your Cuban?" ;)

            Have fun on your cruise and in Bermuda, Mark.. Just make sure you are
            not too hungover the day you rent a motor scooter... !

            Cheers!,

            Bryan

          • madodel
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 5, 2007
              Bryan Pope wrote:
              > Evan Koblentz wrote:
              >> Muchos gracias.
              >>

              > Umm.. they don't speak spanish in Bermuda.. It would be more like
              > "Would you like another Rum Swizzle or Dark n' Stormy with your Cuban?" ;)
              >
              > Have fun on your cruise and in Bermuda, Mark.. Just make sure you are
              > not too hungover the day you rent a motor scooter... !
              >
              > Cheers!,
              >
              > Bryan

              Bryan,

              Are you speaking from experience? ;-)

              Mark

              --

              From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 5, 2007
                madodel wrote:
                > Bryan Pope wrote:
                >
                >> Evan Koblentz wrote:
                >>
                >>> Muchos gracias.
                >>>

                >> Umm.. they don't speak spanish in Bermuda.. It would be more like
                >> "Would you like another Rum Swizzle or Dark n' Stormy with your Cuban?" ;)
                >>
                >> Have fun on your cruise and in Bermuda, Mark.. Just make sure you are
                >> not too hungover the day you rent a motor scooter... !
                >>
                >> Cheers!,
                >>
                >> Bryan
                >>

                > Bryan,
                >
                > Are you speaking from experience? ;-)

                Yes.. ;) Once before, but I did not take a large boat to get there..

                Cheers,

                Bryan

                P.S. IMHO, the Dark n' Stormy was *very* good.. mmmmm Gosling's Black
                rum.. :-P