Re: [midatlanticretro] Woohoo!

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 3, 2007
      No, but I'll let Bryan chime in. He knows the setup best.
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 4, 2007
        Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
        > evan947 wrote:
        >
        >> This message is sent from the InfoAge main building, via a router,
        >> connected to Bryan's wifi-to-ethernet gadget, connected at 47% status
        >> wirelessly to Steve's router and cable modem across the street.
        >>
        >> So now we just have to run a wire to the event room and we're all set
        >> (in theory) for Chuck Peddle's videocon next week.
        >>
        >> Coooool.
        >>

        > Is the doohicky one that uses an RP-TNC connector for its antennas? If
        > so, I wouldn't mind bringing down a couple of higher-dBi antennas to
        > increase the signal, if you think that might be a good idea,

        No.. Unfortunately the antenna is hard-wired to this device.

        Cheers,

        Bryan
      • Sridhar Ayengar
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 4, 2007
          Bryan Pope wrote:
          > Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
          >> evan947 wrote:
          >>
          >>> This message is sent from the InfoAge main building, via a router,
          >>> connected to Bryan's wifi-to-ethernet gadget, connected at 47% status
          >>> wirelessly to Steve's router and cable modem across the street.
          >>>
          >>> So now we just have to run a wire to the event room and we're all set
          >>> (in theory) for Chuck Peddle's videocon next week.
          >>>
          >>> Coooool.
          >>>
          >> Is the doohicky one that uses an RP-TNC connector for its antennas? If
          >> so, I wouldn't mind bringing down a couple of higher-dBi antennas to
          >> increase the signal, if you think that might be a good idea,
          >>

          > No.. Unfortunately the antenna is hard-wired to this device.

          Oh well.

          Peace... Sridhar
          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 29, 2012
            Wake-up time for Maker Faire...

            I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.

            Dan R., Ethan, Jeff(s), etc. can all vouch for this.

            Anyway: Alise and I loaded her car last night. Leaving soon.
          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 29, 2012
              On Sat, 29 Sep 2012, Evan Koblentz wrote:

              > Wake-up time for Maker Faire...
              >
              > I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.

              ...because it's in NYC.

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 29, 2012
                On 09/29/2012 09:08 AM, Mike Loewen wrote:
                > On Sat, 29 Sep 2012, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                >
                >> Wake-up time for Maker Faire...
                >>
                >> I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.
                >
                > ...because it's in NYC.

                Pretty much, yeah. :-(

                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                New Kensington, PA
              • Christian Liendo
                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 29, 2012

                  Sorry but now I am saying guardian to the two kids... I will try and help out tomorrow for an hr or 2. I have tickets, so I am good.

                  Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                  I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.

                  Dan R., Ethan, Jeff(s), etc. can all vouch for this.

                  Anyway: Alise and I loaded her car last night. Leaving soon.

                • Burning Image
                  Message 8 of 23 , Sep 30, 2012

                    If I hadn't been traveling for the past 2 weeks, I would have been there.

                    Cory - WA3UVV

                    1a. Woohoo!
                        Posted by: "Evan Koblentz" evan@... ekoblentz
                        Date: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:11 am ((PDT))