Re: [midatlanticretro] Looking for Vintage Software

  • Hex Star
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2007
      Check my kdx server at kdxvcfa.dyndns.ws (for more information on kdx including download links for the client go here: http://www.haxial.com/products/kdx/ ), it should have what you're looking for :). (When you're in the file browser use command+s to search the files on a mac or control+s to search the files on a pc)
    • Robert Van Cleef
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2007
        have you run SpinRite to try and recover the bad disks??? i have a
        copy if you are having trouble locating it. it is a commercial
        product so, i am not offering to give you a copy, just run it for you
        when it is convienent. i also have a full copy of windows 3.11 for
        work groups somewhere. bobvc99@...

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Jim"
        <ibm_typewriter_freak@...> wrote:

        > I have a IBM PS/2 Model 60 that I'm using to run some of my MS-Dos
        apps on
        > from days gone by. I have currently installed Dos 6.22, Windows 3.1,
        > WordPerfect 5.1, and WordStar 7.0. I'm looking for other programs
        from that
        > era to install, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or SuperCalc. Any have ideas
        for other
        > software that was popular at that time and where I could find it besides
        > eBay?
        >

        > Some of my Window 3.1 disks are starting to go bad, anyone in the
        group have
        > an extra copy of Window 3.1?
        >

        > Thanks,
        >
        > Jim K.

      • Jim
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2007

          Thanks for your offer, but I had forgotten that I had a replacement copy for the bad disk, I just hadn’t labeled  good disk so I didn’t know what was, but it’s labeled and Windows 3.1 is installed.

          Jim K.

          work groups somewhere. bobvc99@yahoo. com