Re: [midatlanticretro] Looking for Vintage Software

  • Hex Star
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2007
      Check my kdx server at kdxvcfa.dyndns.ws (for more information on kdx including download links for the client go here: http://www.haxial.com/products/kdx/ ), it should have what you're looking for :). (When you're in the file browser use command+s to search the files on a mac or control+s to search the files on a pc)
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2007

        I have a IBM PS/2 Model 60 that I’m using to run some of my MS-Dos apps on from days gone by.  I have currently installed Dos 6.22, Windows 3.1, WordPerfect 5.1, and WordStar 7.0.  I’m looking for other programs from that era to install, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or SuperCalc.  Any have ideas for other software that was popular at that time and where I could find it besides eBay?

        Some of my Window 3.1 disks are starting to go bad, anyone in the group have an extra copy of Window 3.1?

        Thanks,

        Jim K.

      • Robert Van Cleef
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2007
          have you run SpinRite to try and recover the bad disks??? i have a
          copy if you are having trouble locating it. it is a commercial
          product so, i am not offering to give you a copy, just run it for you
          when it is convienent. i also have a full copy of windows 3.11 for
          work groups somewhere. bobvc99@...

          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Jim"
          <ibm_typewriter_freak@...> wrote:

          > I have a IBM PS/2 Model 60 that I'm using to run some of my MS-Dos
          apps on
          > from days gone by. I have currently installed Dos 6.22, Windows 3.1,
          > WordPerfect 5.1, and WordStar 7.0. I'm looking for other programs
          from that
          > era to install, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or SuperCalc. Any have ideas
          for other
          > software that was popular at that time and where I could find it besides
          > eBay?
          >

          > Some of my Window 3.1 disks are starting to go bad, anyone in the
          group have
          > an extra copy of Window 3.1?
          >

          > Thanks,
          >
          > Jim K.

        • Jim
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2007

            Thanks for your offer, but I had forgotten that I had a replacement copy for the bad disk, I just hadn’t labeled  good disk so I didn’t know what was, but it’s labeled and Windows 3.1 is installed.

            Jim K.

            work groups somewhere. bobvc99@yahoo. com