Looking for ride to/from Pennington/Trenton NJ to VCF

  • Herb Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2007
      Claude Kagan permitted me to post this. He'd like a ride to and from
      the VCF-E show, if someone is coming through the Trenton area. He
      lives north of Pennington NJ, which is north of Trenton NJ. Contact me
      and I'll exchange emails and phones. I may be able to provide some
      transport but not on Saturday morning (I'm a dealer and speaker at the
      show). He has limited vision so he can't drive.

      Claude is known for his work on "Sam 76", a fairly early programming
      language which ran as an interpreter on very small machines, like
      PDP-8's and the earliest 8080 machines. He's also a collector of early
      telecommunications equipment, a retired Western Electric engineer, and
      occasional contributor to MARCH. He actually did some work at Camp
      Evans, the InfoAge site when it was a military base! His recent
      presentation at the Trenton ComputerFest was on the Devorak keyboard;
      he previously spoke on Sam 76.

      So, this would be an opportunity to hang out with somone even older
      than ME, who was in the thick of telecom and old computers. Even I
      don't have a mainframe in my garage!

      Herb Johnson

      Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA