Everything Must GO! - Free Stuff

  • billdeg
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2005
      Free vintage computer items are located in Wilmington, Delaware for
      pickup only. My office is about 1.25 hours from Trenton. These
      systems pieces and parts will be shoved out an airlock if not claimed
      and removed by 6-1-05.

      Micropolis "Disk Storage Module" P/N 900126A Model 1015-VI. On the
      drive there is a sticker that says "Okay" and "Drive #2" - I have not
      tested and I do not know when last tested. From the looks of it, I
      would say that it's 50-50 that it actually works, but at least the
      mechanical parts seem to be in order if you need to fix another and
      use this one for parts. No case or may have been part of a dual
      drive.

      2nd Micropolis drive, salvaged for parts already. No case or may
      have been part of a dual drive.

      1 Commodore Plus 4 mother board (not working) The 8501R1 chip is
      bad/missing and another unidentified chip is also amiss and needs
      replacement.

      Commodore 1571 drive - not working, cover screws salvaged, missing
      Commodore 1571 drive - missing power supply, untested otherwise
      Commodore 2040 drive - not working, does not power up.
      Commodore 1541 drive - blinks when powered on, does not work.

      Atari 1027 printer - dirty but may work, untested. New ribbons
      Atari 130XE - nothing happens, untested otherwise.
      Atari XF551 drive, no power cable, unable to test.

      Tandy Color Computer II - Nice shape but does not power on, untested
      otherwise.

      Atari 800 XL - does not power on, untested otherwise
      Atari 1050 drive - does not power on, untested otherwise

      Small commodore printers (2 MPS 803's 2 1520's), some may work..all
      untested

      IQ unlimited computer - does not do anything.

      Office hours are 9-5 M-F - First come first served. On 6-1 it all
      goes to the recycler or wherever I can legally dump them.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 2005
        O-h m-y G-o-d! Free stuff!! <hand begins uncontrolled twitching> M-u-s-t
        r-e-s-i-s-t... uncontrolable urge to drive to Delaware...

        --- billdeg <billdeg@...> wrote:
        > Free vintage computer items are located in Wilmington, Delaware for
        > pickup only. My office is about 1.25 hours from Trenton. These
        > systems pieces and parts will be shoved out an airlock if not claimed
        > and removed by 6-1-05.
        >
        > Micropolis "Disk Storage Module" P/N 900126A Model 1015-VI. On the
        > drive there is a sticker that says "Okay" and "Drive #2" - I have not
        > tested and I do not know when last tested. From the looks of it, I
        > would say that it's 50-50 that it actually works, but at least the
        > mechanical parts seem to be in order if you need to fix another and
        > use this one for parts. No case or may have been part of a dual
        > drive.
        >
        > 2nd Micropolis drive, salvaged for parts already. No case or may
        > have been part of a dual drive.
        >
        > 1 Commodore Plus 4 mother board (not working) The 8501R1 chip is
        > bad/missing and another unidentified chip is also amiss and needs
        > replacement.
        >
        > Commodore 1571 drive - not working, cover screws salvaged, missing
        > Commodore 1571 drive - missing power supply, untested otherwise
        > Commodore 2040 drive - not working, does not power up.
        > Commodore 1541 drive - blinks when powered on, does not work.
        >
        > Atari 1027 printer - dirty but may work, untested. New ribbons
        > Atari 130XE - nothing happens, untested otherwise.
        > Atari XF551 drive, no power cable, unable to test.
        >
        > Tandy Color Computer II - Nice shape but does not power on, untested
        > otherwise.
        >
        > Atari 800 XL - does not power on, untested otherwise
        > Atari 1050 drive - does not power on, untested otherwise
        >
        > Small commodore printers (2 MPS 803's 2 1520's), some may work..all
        > untested
        >
        > IQ unlimited computer - does not do anything.
        >
        > Office hours are 9-5 M-F - First come first served. On 6-1 it all
        > goes to the recycler or wherever I can legally dump them.

      • Evan
        Message 3 of 3 , May 23, 2005
          Rather than dumping, perhaps we can all start saving things for the future club museum.

          I think the InfoAge staff will let us start bringing things over there right away.