Woohoo!

  • evan947
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 3, 2007
      This message is sent from the InfoAge main building, via a router,
      connected to Bryan's wifi-to-ethernet gadget, connected at 47% status
      wirelessly to Steve's router and cable modem across the street.

      So now we just have to run a wire to the event room and we're all set
      (in theory) for Chuck Peddle's videocon next week.

      Coooool.
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 3, 2007
        evan947 wrote:
        > This message is sent from the InfoAge main building, via a router,
        > connected to Bryan's wifi-to-ethernet gadget, connected at 47% status
        > wirelessly to Steve's router and cable modem across the street.
        >
        > So now we just have to run a wire to the event room and we're all set
        > (in theory) for Chuck Peddle's videocon next week.
        >
        > Coooool.

        Is the doohicky one that uses an RP-TNC connector for its antennas? If
        so, I wouldn't mind bringing down a couple of higher-dBi antennas to
        increase the signal, if you think that might be a good idea,

        Peace... Sridhar
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 3, 2007
          No, but I'll let Bryan chime in. He knows the setup best.
        • Bryan Pope
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 4, 2007
            Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
            > evan947 wrote:
            >
            >> This message is sent from the InfoAge main building, via a router,
            >> connected to Bryan's wifi-to-ethernet gadget, connected at 47% status
            >> wirelessly to Steve's router and cable modem across the street.
            >>
            >> So now we just have to run a wire to the event room and we're all set
            >> (in theory) for Chuck Peddle's videocon next week.
            >>
            >> Coooool.
            >>

            > Is the doohicky one that uses an RP-TNC connector for its antennas? If
            > so, I wouldn't mind bringing down a couple of higher-dBi antennas to
            > increase the signal, if you think that might be a good idea,

            No.. Unfortunately the antenna is hard-wired to this device.

            Cheers,

            Bryan
          • Sridhar Ayengar
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 4, 2007
              Bryan Pope wrote:
              > Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
              >> evan947 wrote:
              >>
              >>> This message is sent from the InfoAge main building, via a router,
              >>> connected to Bryan's wifi-to-ethernet gadget, connected at 47% status
              >>> wirelessly to Steve's router and cable modem across the street.
              >>>
              >>> So now we just have to run a wire to the event room and we're all set
              >>> (in theory) for Chuck Peddle's videocon next week.
              >>>
              >>> Coooool.
              >>>
              >> Is the doohicky one that uses an RP-TNC connector for its antennas? If
              >> so, I wouldn't mind bringing down a couple of higher-dBi antennas to
              >> increase the signal, if you think that might be a good idea,
              >>

              > No.. Unfortunately the antenna is hard-wired to this device.

              Oh well.

              Peace... Sridhar
              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 29, 2012
                Wake-up time for Maker Faire...

                I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.

                Dan R., Ethan, Jeff(s), etc. can all vouch for this.

                Anyway: Alise and I loaded her car last night. Leaving soon.
              • Mike Loewen
                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 29, 2012
                  On Sat, 29 Sep 2012, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                  > Wake-up time for Maker Faire...
                  >
                  > I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.

                  ...because it's in NYC.

                  Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                  Message 8 of 23 , Sep 29, 2012
                    On 09/29/2012 09:08 AM, Mike Loewen wrote:
                    > On Sat, 29 Sep 2012, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                    >
                    >> Wake-up time for Maker Faire...
                    >>
                    >> I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.
                    >
                    > ...because it's in NYC.

                    Pretty much, yeah. :-(

                    Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                    New Kensington, PA
                  • Christian Liendo
                    Message 9 of 23 , Sep 29, 2012

                      Sorry but now I am saying guardian to the two kids... I will try and help out tomorrow for an hr or 2. I have tickets, so I am good.

                      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                      I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.

                      Dan R., Ethan, Jeff(s), etc. can all vouch for this.

                      Anyway: Alise and I loaded her car last night. Leaving soon.

                    • Burning Image
                      Message 10 of 23 , Sep 30, 2012

                        If I hadn't been traveling for the past 2 weeks, I would have been there.

                        Cory - WA3UVV

                        1a. Woohoo!
                            Posted by: "Evan Koblentz" evan@... ekoblentz
                            Date: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:11 am ((PDT))