Re: [midatlanticretro] Prototype PET 2001 photo /

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26, 2007
      Bill,

      I kept a few references that I bookmarked a long time ago about the
      unveiling's of various machines.
      I haven't fully researched the accuracy of each reference, but the cross
      references do seem to correlate.

      I have some that indicate that the PET was shown publicly at the winter
      CES as early as Jan'77 .
      Then again at West Coast Computer Faire in Apr'77
      And again at the summer CES in Jun'77
      There even one reference that ,"in the beginning", Chuck Peddle tried to
      get Radio Shack to distribute this machine.
      http://www.cacs.louisiana.edu/~mgr/404/burks/pcinfo/hardware/comphist/index.htm
      http://www.commodore.ca/history/company/chronology_portcommodore.htm
      http://oldcomputers.net/pet2001.html

      That might be a good question for the panel.

      =Dan

      Message 2 of 3 , May 26, 2007
        At 09:31 PM 5/26/2007 -0400, you wrote:
        >Bill,
        >
        >I kept a few references that I bookmarked a long time ago about the
        >unveiling's of various machines.
        >I haven't fully researched the accuracy of each reference, but the cross
        >references do seem to correlate.
        >
        >I have some that indicate that the PET was shown publicly at the winter
        >CES as early as Jan'77 .
        >Then again at West Coast Computer Faire in Apr'77
        >And again at the summer CES in Jun'77
        >There even one reference that ,"in the beginning", Chuck Peddle tried to
        >get Radio Shack to distribute this machine.
        >http://www.cacs.louisiana.edu/~mgr/404/burks/pcinfo/hardware/comphist/index.htm
        >http://www.commodore.ca/history/company/chronology_portcommodore.htm
        >http://oldcomputers.net/pet2001.html
        >
        >That might be a good question for the panel.
        >
        >=Dan

        Dan: Interesting. I will see if I can find more info.