Cool rescue for MARCH -- but pick-up help needed

    Message 1 of 4 , May 22, 2007

      Today I accepted a donation of a Sperry PC.  This unit was owned by a Sperry employee, who won it in a company lottery back in ’83 or so.  His daughter, who lives in eastern Long Island, decided to call Microsoft recently to see if they wanted it for their own museum.  They declined, but luckily the Microsoft museum curator knows about me and MARCH!  She pinged me from Redmond, and I spoke with the daughter tonight.  Apparently this computer’s in mint condition, lots of original boxes and docs and software.

      But I don’t want to drive all the way to eastern Long Island.  Can someone in MARCHville pick it up on our behalf, and deliver it to Wall (or at least to someplace in central/northern NJ, where I can easily pick it up), sometime before the VCF?  (The timing is important: this computer will be a nice addition to our club booth at the show.)

      Thanks,

      - Evan

    • John Montenigro
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2007
        Re:Cool rescue for MARCH -- but pick-up help needed

        Hi group!

        I know I havent posted in many, many months other priorities have put my computer hobby into hibernation.

        I some free time this morning and started reading MARCH posts from the beginning of the year you guys have been busy!

        Well, anyway, I got to this message and thought Id inquire as to the location and availability of the stuff. Im planning on driving to LI on Monday, and if its anywhere close, Ill bring it back for transfer to the museum. Please provide contact info.

        Thanks,

        -John Montenigro

        Montclair, NJ

      • Evan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2007
          Hi John,

          Welcome back ... Do you mean thay Sperry PC we needed picking up for? Unfortunately for us, the owner decided to keep it.
        • mason_taube
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 8, 2007
            posting for a friend..

            is anyone going to the vintage computer fest from westchester county
            new york that would like to carpool?