Pre-VCF MARCH Work Day -- May 26

    Message 1 of 6 , May 17, 2007
      Hi all. I'm organizing an InfoAge MARCH work day for Saturday, May 26,
      starting around 10am. Fred and Steve have been doing more of the labor
      for InfoAge's second large event room -- but this room will be key to VCF
      East and we should help in a big way. There are also some other InfoAge
      projects that need urgent finishing help. So, I'd like as many people as
      possible to come on May 26. In addition to helping prepare the new event
      room, we might also have time to work on some computers for the MARCH
      booth. I'd REALLY like to test our DEC gear from Tom Owad (who
      unfortunately will be traveling when VCF happens) but we'll need people
      who have a clue about using said gear ... I don't know the first thing
      about it.

      Please reply en mass. :)

      - Evan
    • David Gesswein
      Message 2 of 6 , May 17, 2007
        > Please reply en mass. :)

        Sorry, already preregistered for a SF convetion that weekend.
      • buseyl
        Message 3 of 6 , May 18, 2007
          I'll go. It'll give me a chance to meet some of you guys and find
          InfoAge before VCF.

          -Liam (a lurker)

          > Hi all. I'm organizing an InfoAge MARCH work day for Saturday, May 26,
          > starting around 10am. Fred and Steve have been doing more of the labor
          > for InfoAge's second large event room -- but this room will be key
          to VCF
          > East and we should help in a big way. There are also some other InfoAge
          > projects that need urgent finishing help. So, I'd like as many
          people as
          > possible to come on May 26. In addition to helping prepare the new
          event
          > room, we might also have time to work on some computers for the MARCH
          > booth. I'd REALLY like to test our DEC gear from Tom Owad (who
          > unfortunately will be traveling when VCF happens) but we'll need people
          > who have a clue about using said gear ... I don't know the first thing
          > about it.
          >
          > Please reply en mass. :)
          >
          > - Evan

        • Evan
          Message 4 of 6 , May 18, 2007
            Sounds good. Try to get there around 10am on the 26th. If you get lost, my cell is 646.546.9999.
          • ysgdhio
            Message 5 of 6 , May 18, 2007
              Something for the TODO list...

              We need to make a couple of small signs, approx 1 ft square,
              can be scrap wood, painted white with red or black letters.

              One like this: "VCF ->"

              and one like this: "<- VCF"

              On VCF weekend,
              the first sign should be placed at the botton of the hill on Brighton Road,
              and the second should go at the fork of Marconi Rd and Monmouth Blvd.

              Missing either of those turns is a potential time sink,
              and we might even catch some passers-by.

              Please don't put the year so we can re-use the signs.

              Thanks!
              Andy
            • Evan
              Message 6 of 6 , May 18, 2007
                Good idea, thanks. It is little things like this which we can improve every year. We should also make some parking signs for when we don't have a volunteer outside.

                InfoAge now has a vinyl cutting machine so we might be able to use that instead of paint.