Re: [midatlanticretro] Line printer

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 12 , May 6 5:56 PM
      On Sun, 6 May 2007, Jim Scheef wrote:

      > I have the Tandy printer at my house in CT. It would not fit in either
      > Herb's or Bryan's car. The two of you can negotiate off list. It is a
      > Tandy DWP-230 and comes with a Xeroxed copy of a manual for a DWP-410
      > which may be similar. The printer is in a box, but there is no packing
      > material. Sold or not, if it's still here, I'll bring it to Info-Age
      > when I come for VCF.

      Actually, I already have a Xerox 1640 daisywheel printer, which uses
      the same Diablo Hytype II engine as the DWP-230. Mine self tests okay,
      and I just have to check out the serial interface (1200 baud, yuck).

      > It didn't occur to me to reply to Mike's message because I think of a
      > line printer as something connected to a big computer that prints a line
      > at a time in one kerchunk and thus prints a 60-line page in less than a
      > second.

      Believe it or not, that's what I'm looking for. :-) Something on the
      order of a small pedestal type Printronix or HP, what they call
      line-matrix printers.

      The Xerox 1640 will probably work for what I want, but it's going to be
      slow.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 12 , May 14 1:40 PM
        I have two pieces of older Fore networking equipment available for the
        cost of shipping, or free delivery at VCF East. One is a Forerunner
        ES-3810 ethernet switch, with 3 ESM-24 modules, a NMM (Network Management
        Module) and a ATM-1/155MMSC module. I believe this to be working. The
        other is a Forerunner ASX-200WG ATM Switch, and I have no way of testing
        it.

        Let me know if you're interested in either one. I'm in State College,
        PA (16803).

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...