Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: FW: Big pile of VAX documentation to be disposed

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2007
      ysgdhio wrote:
      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...>
      > wrote:
      >> our people / time / money are very limited.
      >
      > If that's true, we should be much more selective about what we pick up.
      >
      > Just because something is being offered for free,
      > it still ends up costing us people, time or money.

      Except that a grey wall is actually a pretty important thing to have.

      Peace... Sridhar
      Message 2 of 8 , May 5, 2007
        Andy,

        I hear what you are saying but documentation is the key to making things work and is often much harder to find than the hardware. As a museum we cannot have too much documentation. Cataloging will come in time. In the meantime I agree with Evan that first we need a home for our museum and then some exhibits would be nice.

        Jim

        Message 3 of 8 , May 5, 2007

          The good news is that starting this summer, building #9032 sections B & C – MARCH’s area is in C – will become InfoAge-wide projects, not just individual club projects.  So we’ll have lots of help.