Re: FW: Big pile of VAX documentation to be disposed

  • ysgdhio
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2007
      wrote:
      > our people / time / money are very limited.

      If that's true, we should be much more selective about what we pick up.

      Just because something is being offered for free,
      it still ends up costing us people, time or money.

      Andy
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 8 , May 4, 2007
        ysgdhio wrote:
        > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...>
        > wrote:
        >> our people / time / money are very limited.
        >
        > If that's true, we should be much more selective about what we pick up.
        >
        > Just because something is being offered for free,
        > it still ends up costing us people, time or money.

        Except that a grey wall is actually a pretty important thing to have.

        Peace... Sridhar
        Message 3 of 8 , May 5, 2007
          Andy,

          I hear what you are saying but documentation is the key to making things work and is often much harder to find than the hardware. As a museum we cannot have too much documentation. Cataloging will come in time. In the meantime I agree with Evan that first we need a home for our museum and then some exhibits would be nice.

          Jim

          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 2007

            The good news is that starting this summer, building #9032 sections B & C – MARCH’s area is in C – will become InfoAge-wide projects, not just individual club projects.  So we’ll have lots of help.